Become a client
Our intake criteria are outlined below. Please call for space availability prior to your interview.
- Interviews take place Monday – Friday at 9 a.m. and are conducted on first-come, first-served basis
- Interviews last approximately 1 to 1 ½ hours
- Interviews do not guarantee admittance into the program
- Applicants must be at least 19 years old
- Applicants must provide a valid government-issued picture ID
- Applicants must provide a birth certificate and/or social security card for all children
- Male children over 10 years of age are not permitted
- Applicants must be alcohol and drug free for a minimum of 90 days
- Applicants must pass a background check – no outstanding warrants
- Applicants cannot be in imminent danger
- Applicants must be willing to work at least part-time
2305 5th Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203
Jessie's Place is a part of the Downtown Jimmie Hale Mission, Inc., Jessie's Place is a part of Downtown Jimmie Hale Mission, Inc., a Christian-based, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, which includes a homeless shelter for men, a shelter for women and children and recovery programs - each with learning centers. This charity is often misspelled Jimmy Hale Mission.