Become a client
Our intake criteria are outlined below.
• Applicants must be at least 19 years old
• Clients cannot be employed during the Life Recovery program
• Applicants must pass a background check (no outstanding warrants, violent or sexual crimes)
• Applicants must pass a drug/alcohol screen (positive test results for THC on entry will not disqualify applicants)
• Applicants must provide a birth certificate or social security card for all children
• Male children over 10 years of age are not permitted
• Applicants and/or applicant’s children cannot be in imminent danger
• Applicants and their children must be willing to take a COVID-19 test
Please call us at 205-323-0170 to find out more about our program or to schedule an intake interview. Please note, we are not an emergency shelter, and intakes are conducted as space allows.
2305 5th Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203
Jessie's Place is a part of the Downtown Jimmie Hale Mission, Inc., Jessie's Place is a part of Downtown Jimmie Hale Mission, Inc., a Christian-based, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, which includes a homeless shelter for men, a shelter for women and children and recovery programs - each with learning centers. This charity is often misspelled Jimmy Hale Mission.