UPDATE: The Mission will soon be unveiling a brand new Life Recovery program at Jessie’s Place! Our staff is hard at work preparing for its implementation and look forward to the benefits it will offer those we serve. We are unable to accept new clients during this transition period. Resident intake will resume in late August. Thank you for your understanding.
Become a client
Our intake criteria are outlined below. Please call for space availability prior to your interview.
- Interviews take place Monday – Friday at 9 a.m. and are conducted on first-come, first-served basis
- Interviews last approximately 1 to 1 ½ hours
- Interviews do not guarantee admittance into the program
- Applicants must be at least 19 years old
- Applicants must provide a birth certificate or social security card for all children
- Male children over 10 years of age are not permitted
- Applicants must pass a background check – no outstanding warrants
2305 5th Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203
Jessie's Place is a part of the Downtown Jimmie Hale Mission, Inc., Jessie's Place is a part of Downtown Jimmie Hale Mission, Inc., a Christian-based, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, which includes a homeless shelter for men, a shelter for women and children and recovery programs - each with learning centers. This charity is often misspelled Jimmy Hale Mission.